* Youth Leadership: We believe youth have a vital role to play in leading social change and transforming conflict in their communities.
* Community Empowerment: We believe in working at the grassroots, supporting youth to build on local strengths to help communities transform themselves into tolerant peaceful society.
* Transformational development that is community-based and sustainable, focused especially on the needs of young people.
* Promotion of justice that seeks to change unjust structures affecting the vulnerable people among whom we work.
* Engagement through improving awareness and access to information, seeking out bold and innovative approaches to difficult and pressing challenges, and seizing opportunities for synergy through partnerships and collaboration.
* Transparency as a result of our commitment to the communities we serve, through the establishment of productive working relationships and our pledge to operate openly and inclusively.
* Accountability to the communities where UNYDA works, as well as with displaced persons and host communities.